Are you an experienced professional at the top of your game or a novice right out of college? No problem, both have a place at Keefe McCullough.
Join a team with the goal of bringing every team member to the top! KMc is constantly expanding service offerings to our clients and industry expertise to our employees. We work at broadening professional development, and building meaningful relationships and business contacts.
As one of South Florida’s largest accounting firms, KMc professionals are offered significant career growth opportunities serving a broad-based roster of domestic and international businesses across a broad base of industries.
Keefe McCullough is always looking for talented professionals to help drive our success as a firm.
We provide a work environment that allows growth and success. We hire the brightest and the best with unrelenting desires to succeed in an environment ready to catapult you into achieving your goals.
At KMc you will work closely on clients, meet with prospects, and you will have the opportunities to work with some of the best accountants in public accounting.
You are the future of the firm. We offer you continuous learning and development opportunities to support your career aspirations.
Want to be a rainmaker, we will show you how. Want to be part of firm leadership, we will show you how! The Keefe McCullough environment is a great place to work and we can prove it because we have employees that stay for decades.
If you think KMc is the right place for you, we would love to meet you.
KMc offers a full list of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and STD. Additional benefits include a safe harbor 401(k) plan with profit sharing, PTO and a work environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
Audit Senior & Supervisor Positions
Expect Greatness, Keefe McCullough is the ideal place to begin and grow your career in public accounting. We are one of the Top 25 public accounting and consulting firms in South Florida with over 40 years of experience providing stellar service to our clients.
We’re hiring Audit Seniors and Supervisors to perform and supervise significant audit and review engagements for our clients. We encourage our people to bring the full breadth of their talents, experience, and personal style to make an impact on the clients we serve. If you work best in a team environment, you believe that collaboration works and you want to push the limits of your own potential, then KMC may be the place for you. We develop outstanding professionals and leaders who grow with our firm and gain the experience and training needed to build a great career in public accounting.
AS A KEY MEMBER OF THE AUDIT TEAM, THE SENIOR AUDITOR CAN EXPECT TO:
- Responsible for in-charge engagements of varying size and complexity
- Perform a wide range of audit and accounting procedures impacting industry-specific issues
- Audit complex areas/transactions as well as prepare financial statements and related reports
- Schedule, delegate, and review the work of staff
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff
- Keep manager/principal aware of engagement status and problem areas
- Proactively interact and communicate with clients to gather information to ensure timely engagement wrap-up
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 4+ years public accounting experience with emphasis in financial statement preparation, audits, reviews, and compilations.
- Prior experience with an established public accounting and/or professional services firm strongly desired.
- Solid audit experience in Governmental Audits and Not-For-Profits Audits preferred.
- Current CPA or CPA candidate required
- Planning and in charge responsibilities experience a must
- Prior experience and desire to serve clients in the public sector preferred
- Ability to travel to client sites that may also require overnight travel
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
As a key member of the audit team, the Senior Auditor can expect to:
- Instruct, direct, and review the work of Audit Staff in the completion of audit procedures over basic client accounting (i.e. cash, A/R, inventories, property and equipment, prepaid, A/P, accrued expenses, debt and general income statement accounts).
- Lead the documentation efforts surrounding risk assessment procedures, planning considerations, and decisions including preparation of required audit programs.
- Engage various team members in the identification of client audit risks and generate dialogue surrounding response to identified audit risks.
- Perform audit procedures over more complex client accounting (i.e. revenue recognition, income taxes, goodwill and intangibles, equity transactions, etc.)
- Review and/or prepare client financial statements to ensure compliance with applicable disclosure requirements.
- Complete general audit procedures (i.e. coordination of audit closing communications, drafting of client correspondence, resolving open items, etc.)
- Develop high quality working relationships with all levels of client personnel
- Use audit methodology and quality control process to provide exemplary service
- Direct day-to-day fieldwork, proactively communicate engagement status to audit team leaders, and manage staff performance
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of accounting and auditing concepts and be able to apply them in specific client circumstances
- Keep abreast of latest developments and ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Develop staff associates and interns in the audit process through training, delegation and feedback
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and develop Audit Staff with 0-2 years of experience.
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously (multi-task).
- Frequent same day travel for work at clients' offices using a personal vehicle.
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting or related field preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Advanced interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven, team oriented environment
- Focus on providing exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Professional integrity with regard to client confidentiality and personal conduct
- Proficiency with Excel, general ledger packages, and computerized audit applications. Experience with CSA and/or Engagement is a plus.
- Candidate must have an ability to thrive and adapt in a dynamic environment with superior client service focus.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Tax Manager Positions
Manage tax compliance workflow, supervise and review tax staff and seniors. At KMc the tax manager works with a varied client list and performs tax planning to minimize tax liabilities of individuals, estates, trusts, and businesses and researches unusual tax matters. Strong soft skills such as communication, active listening and leadership are very important to this role, as Tax Managers play a key role in training and developing staff as well as being the key day-to-day client contact.
As a key member of the Tax Department the Tax Manager will:
- CPA + Masters in tax or accountant
- 5+ years current tax planning and compliance experience for High Net-Worth Individuals, Private •Companies & Not-for-Profit entities in a CPA firm
- High level research capabilities
- International tax experience is a plus
- Stock Option planning experience is a plus
- Demonstrated skills necessary to ensure high quality client service
- Successful experience training, supervising and developing staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Identify and communicate ideas to improve client service, opportunities to expand services with clients with firm partners
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve firm culture and staff development and retention with firm partners
Soft skills for this Tax Manager opportunity:
- Integrity, Intellectual Strength & Agility
- Are a passionate learner, and welcome opportunities to be challenged
- An Entrepreneurial point of view
- Are an energized professional - seeking greater responsibilities and more autonomy with clients
- Have the passion & curiosity to look through the financials into the business, to identify potential opportunities for client gain
- Are engaging & thrive building relationships internally and externally
Senior Tax Accountant Positions
The senior tax accountant is responsible for performing complex tax preparation, tax research and tax planning with minimal supervision. This position also provides work direction and technical guidance to less experienced staff, if the department employs such. The senior tax accountant contacts clients to resolve minor tax matters. This role performs tax planning under direct supervision and may be assigned tax in-charge responsibilities.
Senior Tax Accountant
- Prepares complex tax returns and tax research.
- Reviews tax information supplied by client; may meet with or call client with questions once proficiency is demonstrated.
- Recognizes, anticipates and resolves tax issues; makes recommendations.
- Meets productivity and efficiency standards (minimum 1700 billable hours), greater than 80% efficiency. For example: 1700/2080 = 82% productivity. Efficiency calculated by assessing key performance indicators.
- Compiled financial statements: Should be able to update accountant’s reports and complete/review monthly bookkeeping services provided. Should be able to perform/review quarterly payroll reporting.
- Must understand compilations, cash, accrual, conversion (cash to accrual), process taxpayer information, trial balance preparation for the income tax return, payroll tax returns, tangible tax returns, other miscellaneous tax filings.
- Reviews tax work of less experienced staff.
- Trains, mentors and provides work direction to less experienced staff.
- Markets firm services to existing and prospective clients.
- Technical Capacity
- Financial Management
- Communication Proficiency
Full proficiency at the Senior Tax Accountant level generally requires a minimum of eighteen months of experience preparing and reviewing tax returns, estimates, extensions, and provisions for corporations and partnerships in multistate jurisdictions. Experience also includes proficiency of:
- Applying knowledge of core state tax concepts, including nexus, allocation and apportionment, state tax base, state tax withholding, and entity level taxes;
- Preparing complex tax technical memos, responding to various tax notices, and liaising with tax authorities;
- Preparing client’s income tax provision for purpose of preparing the financial statements in accordance with accounting for incomes taxes under ASC 740 on a quarterly basis;
- Participating in auditing the income tax provision for attest clients, and providing income and franchise tax consulting, tax planning, state tax audit defense, and income tax accounting services for multistate companies;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including CCH, RIA Checkpoint, BNA, and LexisNexis, to research complex state and local tax issues;
- Utilizing tax preparation software, including ProSystems, Advance Flow, and QuickBooks to prepare corporate state and local tax returns;
- Calculating clients’ state quarterly estimated tax and tax due with extensions, and preparing estimated state tax payment vouchers and extension forms;
- Preparing, reviewing and processing state and local income and franchise tax returns for corporations and partnerships based on varying state regulations;
- Working directly with clients to address tax compliance and in-house state tax issues, including state notices, state audits, and tax return processing; and
- Assisting with project management for large client engagements, and leading and mentoring junior team members;
- Utilizing MS software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook, proficiently.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accuracy of return through review / supervisor-manager comments
- Turnaround time
- Client profitability
- # of services delivered to client
- Team capacity and resource allocation
- Team productivity and job satisfaction
- Client retention
- Profitability per team member
- Job realization
- Average revenue per year per client
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.